Massive CONGRATS to our San Diego Surf Girls U18/19 DA who made it to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP finals but after a tough battle lost in PKS.CONGRATS to our U18/19 Goalkeeper Bella Grust on winning the GOLDEN GLOVE award for the tournament. Such a well deserved honor – she had an incredible tournament.
And finally, CONGRATS to Surf DA 18/19’s Sara Jayne Affleck who was featured on SportsCenter’s Top 10 Plays of the Night for her “Fancy Footwork & World Class Finish!” These girls left it all on the field and played their hearts out. #2nd in the NATION is a huge accomplishment, #SurfPROUD is an understatement.
Our Surf DA Girls program was the ONLY program in the southwest region that qualified in all three groups for the DA Playoffs, such a massive achievement for our club!
PLAYOFF TEAMS / RESULTS:
- Girls U18/19: National Championship Finalists
- Girls U16/17: Tied for 1st in group, did not advance due to goal differential
- Girls U15: Won group, eliminated in the quarterfinals (1-0 to Placer United, National Championship Finalists)
- Boys U16/17: Drew a tough bracket, they fought hard but did not advance
Additionally, US Soccer asked Surf to include our Girls U15 and U17 DPL teams in the DA Summer Showcase. Our DPL teams went a combined 4-1-1, super impressive!
- Girls: U14, U15 II (DPL), U16, U16/17 II (DPL)
- Boys: U15, U15 II (DA U14 were invited to play up)