If you are looking for our Recreational League, click here.
Surf Soccer Camps
SD Surf’s Goal Scoring and Goal Keeping Spring Camp
In the game of soccer, the most difficult skill to master is scoring goals. We will focus not only on a variety of techniques of the final moment, but how to create goal scoring opportunities.
- a players first touch to prepare their finish
- a players movement to be in good areas in and around the box
- combination play that leads to a penetrating pass or service from wide areas
As goalkeepers, it is our job to not concede goals. Not only do we have to be sharp with our hands, but also with our feet. At any given time goalkeepers are called upon to be the hero, so we must stay focused at all times. We are able to accomplish this by
– Setting our feet and reacting to shots
– Reading the game and adapting to the speed of play
– Constant repetition, bravery and learning from our strengths and weaknesses.
Players of all positions are encouraged to attend as all players on the field contribute to the build up of scoring goals or will find themselves in goal scoring situations and the proper technique will be required to accomplish the most difficult skill in the game of soccer
Paul Dolinsky (Camps Director), Kelin Briones (Director of Goalkeeping), and San Diego Surf’s professional coaching staff will guide the player’s through the week with instruction, as well as providing tools for players to make decisions on their own and solve any problems they may encounter.
Where: Surf Cup Sports Park (formerly San Diego Polo Fields)
When: April 10-13, 9am-12pm
Cost: Surf Players $175
Non-Surf Players $200
***Please remember to bring a ball, shin guards, water, and a snack